David L. Winnett Discusses Workers’ Compensation in Organized Labor’s Ask the Expert Article

Under the California Labor Code, employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance, and companies that fail to adhere can be ordered to discontinue operations. Writing for Organized Labor’s Ask the Expert, Attorney David L. Winnett discusses what to do if you are injured on the job and your employer does not provide workers’ compensation coverage.

“The fact that your employer does not have insurance coverage does not change the fact that the employer remains responsible for your bills related to your work injury. It must pay them,” writes Winnett. “You also have the right to sue your employer for your injuries if it does not have workers’ compensation coverage in place.”

Winnett adds that workers are entitled to file claims with the Uninsured Employers Benefits Trust Fund, which is designed to protect injured workers. However, these types of claims have strict rules and time limits, so he advises that workers consult with attorneys who specialize in workers’ compensation and personal injury claims as soon as possible.

Read full article.

How Can We Help You?

Fields marked with an * are required

Disclaimer Privacy Policy

Disclaimer: The use of the internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.